In a recent incident in Pattaya, a Russian couple faced health complications after consuming a cannabis-infused cake. The female member of the duo experienced severe chest tightness and refused to be taken to a hospital. She even attempted to jump out of a moving vehicle. The emergency response team from the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation in Pattaya was alerted about the situation involving the couple, who had consumed the cannabis cake and were showing signs of intoxication and respiratory distress.
Upon arrival at a seaside condominium in the Nong Prue area of Bang Lamung, Chonburi, the rescue team found the Russian couple along with their son. While the man was relatively coherent, the woman was struggling to breathe, appeared disoriented, and showed signs of intoxication. A fellow resident of the condominium, who spoke Russian, communicated with the couple to understand the situation. It was revealed that they had consumed a cannabis cake, leading to the adverse reactions.
As the rescue team was transporting the woman to a hospital, she became increasingly agitated in the back of the pickup truck, attempting to jump out. Concerned for her safety, the rescue team stopped the vehicle. The husband communicated with the police, expressing his reluctance to take his wife to the hospital and instead requested to be dropped off at a nearby petrol station to rest.
The incident serves as a cautionary tale about the potential risks associated with the consumption of cannabis-infused products, especially for those unfamiliar with their effects.
Source: Thaiger News